Now, who doesn’t love those perfectly shaped eyebrows? Perhaps you’re already familiar with eyebrow shaping. Originating in Asia many centuries ago, eyebrow threading is one of the most popular and least invasive procedures to transform arches in mere minutes.
What is eyebrow threading?
Threading is a common and ancient method of hair removal where a cotton blend thread is used. The thread is wrapped around the undesired hair follicles and pulled out gently by giving a firm twist. Since it provides precise shaping, eyebrow threading is globally a popular method for shaping brows.
How does it work?
While eyebrow threading is a common process, many people aren’t aware of how exactly it works. When you visit any eyebrow shaping service, you will undergo four steps. These include:
- Consultation: An eyebrow stylist will consult you on what eyebrow shape and style will suit your face. The artist will consider the amount of hair to work with, potential areas of hair growth, the brows’ natural shape, the brows’ width, the desired width, and finally, the desired look. They will also let you know about the areas of the brows that may have less hair.
- Cleaning the area: First, the brow artist will clean the area with alcohol to ensure there is no scope of infection. If your skin is oily, the brow artist may spread some powder too.
- Shaping the brow: Once you agree upon the desired brow shape, the brow artist will remove the unwanted hairs to give the perfectly contoured brow shape. The artist will wrap an antimicrobial cotton thread around the hairs and twist the thread. This will create a loop that will roll over the eyebrow. The artist will gradually twist and pull the hair firmly. While there are many different threading methods, the most common one is twisting and rolling the thread over the brow. The other method is a butterfly method, where the thread is knotted to give it a butterfly-like appearance. The thread is then pulled through two fingers on each hand. You would be sitting in a reclining chair while your artist shapes the brow. You might be asked to pull and hold the skin on two sides to make it more accessible. The pain and discomfort are alleviated, too, by doing so.
- Finishing off: Once the threading is done, the artist will clean the brows with a fine brush and apply some cream to soothe the area.
Benefits of eyebrow threading
Threading is one of the safest and precise methods of hair removal. If you’re not comfortable with other hair removal methods like waxing, tweezing, or using lasers, especially around sensitive areas like eyes, you can safely rely on eyebrow threading. Threading allows the artist to be in full control. Since it is a natural process ( hair is pulled out without using chemicals or wax), it is safe even for first-time users.
Things to know when considering eyebrow threading
- Threading is done with a single-use thread, so it is safe.
- Threading pulls out the hair right from the root, so the effect is retained for almost three to four weeks. However, it depends largely on your hair growth cycle.
- If you have too many ingrown hairs, your artist may request you to come back for a re-visit. In many cases, a more delicate thread can remove these ingrown hairs.
- Know your eyebrow thickness, growth, and overall shape before requesting a particular style. A stylish can help you understand your current brow shape and the desired outcome.
- If you’re expecting a completely different brow shape than your existing shape (for example, if you have a thin brow and now wish to have wider brows), you have to be patient and work along with your stylist. It may take almost six months to 1 year at times.
- Just like your dentist or dermatologist, you need to find the right brow artist who you can trust. Before you book a consultation with your brow artist, do not hesitate to discuss your expectations with your brow artist.
Below we have compiled a few facts about eyebrow threading.
Is eyebrow threading painful?
In hair threading, the hairs are yanked out, so it would be untrue to say it is an entirely painless procedure. However, the pain is mild, and you would eventually get habituated once you start doing it. You may notice some redness after the hairs are pulled out. This is natural and happens because the hairs are pulled out right from the root. However, the redness usually dissipates within 10-15 minutes.
Can threading be itchy?
If your skin is too dry, you may feel some itchiness or irritation. This can go away with the application of a moisturizer or application of aloe vera gel.
Who should choose eyebrow threading?
Anyone who wishes to have a perfectly contoured eyebrow can opt for eyebrow threading. Eyebrow threading is the most popular method for brow shaping and suits all skin and hair types. If your skin is too oily, dust some loose powder to cover the skin and brow before wrapping the thread.
Beauty Matters Asia believes that a perfect pair of eyebrows enhances your appearance. And our expert with their proven skills at eyebrow shaping can achieve those highly contoured pairs of brows for you. If you are finding best eyebrow threading salon in Bedok don’t hesitate to visit us or call us at 92270086.