One of the most popular beauty trends to come from the early days was Brazilian Wax! However, if you are not that much aware of the Brazilian Wax, then the entire process might be pretty much scary for you! But, Brazilian waxing is the most beloved waxing style for the bikini line!
Of course, Brazilian Wax will leave you entirely hairless, even on your bum as well, but at times it might leave “landing strip” of hair in the front!
Well, to be very honest, the Brazilian Waxes are pretty painful though most of the women often told that it’s worth since they can have a smooth waxing experience with each session. Well, if you are going to have a Brazilian waxing session, then it is recommended to start with a basic Brazilian wax since it tends to be less painful and also enables you to dip your toe in the water.
However, if you are pretty curious to jump all in and go with the Brazilian Wax, then here’s everything you need to know before fixing an appointment with your salon!
Brazilian Wax: All You Need To Know About It!
Brazilian Wax, first launched in 1987, at New Work by the J Sisters, Seven Brazilian Sister! Eventually, it becomes one of the most famous hair removal methods in the US.
Basically, Brazilian Wax removes all the hair from the bikini area: sides, top, back, and front! While some women opt to clear each and every single strand, the Brazilian Waxing covers all from an attractive nude look to one that leaves a neat and clean strip, triangle, or square on the front! Well, the choice is up to you, so, choose the waxing type according to your need!
Major Tips for the First Brazilian Wax:
- Before your waxing appointment, make sure you allow your hairs to grow out to the ideal length.
- To be very honest, the first waxing experience is pretty unpleasant therefore you might want to have a glass of wine before going for the first waxing. It can help you to relax a bit!
- If you are not comfortable to get undressed in front of an unknown person, then consider wearing a skirt so that you can easily lift it during the waxing session!
What Will Happen When You Arrive the Wax Saloon?
Generally, waxing treatment executed in a private room and it will take 25 to 30 minutes! Here, you will be left alone for removing the cloths and lie on the seat, coved with a clean disposal sheet or paper. Here, you might be provided paper thong, if not, then ask for one!
The paper thong can make you feel good! However with the Brazilian wax; your decency will be going to be tested. The wax technician will be going to see everything; therefore you will be able to select to forego the paper thong.
Before Getting Waxed How Much Hair your should have?
A generic rule of waxing is that the hair should be ¼ inch. In case of the too-short length hair, it is pretty difficult to remove the hair properly! On the other hand, make sure that your hairs are not too long since this makes it more painful.
Moreover, you can also trim your pubic area using a trimmer or razor before going for the waxing session!
Know the Entire Brazilian Waxing Process
Before beginning the waxing session, be sure that your wax technician wears gloves and does not use the double-dipped wooden waxing stick! Instead of that using a fresh stick for each application is required.
Generally, the waxing begins from the front and then move towards the back. Make sure to let your salon technician know whether you need a landing strip or anything else.
- Initially, the wax technician will apply talcum powder to the skin since it keeps the hot wax from sticking to the skin.
- Afterwards, the hot wax applied on your skin by using a wax stick and spread it evenly to the entire skin.
- Then, your wax professional apply cloth strips over the warm wax and press the strip firmly so that the strip and wax adhere to each other.
- Once the wax has cooled down, the wax technician put the strips on the hot wax. Make sure he put the stripes in the opposite direction of the hair growth. It is the fastest motion pulls the hair by its root. But, in you find the process too hurting for you, then you should ask your wax technician for applying strips to the small areas.
- In case the pain is unbearable for you, then you might require stopping the session.
- When the waxing session gets over, apply some moisturizer or lotion to the waxed area to make it smooth.
Effective Ways to Cut Down the Pain
Usually, Brazilian waxing is quite a painful process, especially when you opt for it for the first time. Below are some of the simple tips that will help you to reduce the pain:
- If you are going to opt for waxing for the first time, we do not suggest you go for the Brazilian Waxing. Instead of this, you can go for any other regular waxing! When you are gets used to wit the waxing process, and then you can go for the Brazilian one!
- Make sure you fix your appointment with the waxing technician after one week of your period.
- Get waxed on a regular basis.
- Before get waxed, you can take topical aesthetic like Relax and Wax No Scream Cream.
- Moreover, it is suggested you take some acetaminophen and ibuprofen 2 hours before your waxing session.
Now All about Post Brazilian Waxing Care that you should do
After having Brazilian Waxing, be sure to ask your wax technician for the aftercare tips that you might perform. It is best to avoid using anything that might irritate your skin. So, it is recommended you to wear loose cotton clothes, use fragrance-free products, no sweaty workout!
In case of getting ingrown hairs or redness on the waxed skin, then you can exfoliate your skin with a body scrub. On the other hand, you can also use a lotion that contains hydroxyl acid.